Here’s a very decadent, special occasion steak. You can adjust the dry rub to whatever you like.
INGREDIENTS (in this one):
- Season the steak rather with salt. Bring it to room temperature, about 1 hour outside of the fridge.
- Combine the paprika, cumin and mustard in a small bowl. Rub the steak liberally on all sides with the mixture.
- Heat the oil in a saute pan over high heat until smoking. Using a tong, add the steak and sear on three sides, about 2 minutes per side.
- When you start to sear the fourth side, drop a knob of butter into the pan with cloves of garlic, sprigs of rosemary and thyme!
- Tilt the pan, and keep basting the steak with the lovely herby butter as you cook the last side! (You have to do all of this quite quickly if you want a medium rare steak!)
- Put the steak on a plate, spoon the sauce and herbs over it. Allow to rest. Slice the steak! Serve.
And don’t forget, I have plenty of foot-stomping beats to cook along with. Check out my song lists at Savory Sounds!