I OVERDOSED ON THE HOLIDAY FOOD AND DRINK, SO I’M DETOXING WITH VEGGIE SOUPS FOR A FEW DAYS, TO RESET MYSELF.
Here’s one I just made. You can substitute with any veggies you have, so the taste will vary accordingly. But it’s a great way to use up ingredients you have in the fridge, in a HEALTHY way.
INGREDIENTS (in this one):
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp chopped rosemary
- 2 twigs of thyme, lightly chopped
- 1 28 oz can of organic plum tomatoes, no salt (or any other tomatoes)
- 4 cups organic vegetable broth, no sodium (you can add more, if you want a thinner consistency)
- 8 cups-ish of vegetables, fresh or frozen (here I used carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, peas, fava beans)
- juice of half a lemon
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- olive oil for frying
- Sauté a large yellow onion in olive oil until the onions are translucent.
- Throw in some thyme, rosemary, oregano, two cloves of crushed garlic. Stir.
- Add the can of tomatoes, half a can of water and about 4 cups of vegetable broth (no sodium). You can add broth more if you want a thinner consistency. Bring to a boil and then simmer.
- Add your veggies. Bring to boil again and then simmer.
- Add the juice of half a lemon and some pepper to taste. Cook until vegetables are tender! (About 20 minutes.) Serve!
*NOTE: I did NOT add any salt because I’m detoxing – the lemon does the trick! 🍋 But feel free to add salt to taste! (Himalayan salt is a healthy option!)
And don’t forget, I have plenty of foot-stomping beats to cook along with. Check out my song lists at Savory Sounds!