THIS IS A SUPER EASY AND SUPER YUMMY DINNER OPTION (that my mother makes often).
HERE’S MY TAKE:
Serves 2 comfortably.
- 6 chicken thighs (use breast if you prefer)
- blackening spice (most supermarkets have this, but you can make your own by combining equal parts onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne, salt, pepper and 2 parts paprika)
- garlic powder
- dried rosemary
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 large jalapeno, sliced
- bag of baby courgette/zucchini, sliced in half length-wise
*Don’t forget to scroll down for your Savory Sounds cooking soundtrack.
- Preheat the oven 180°C/350°F.
- Dust chicken thighs with blackening spice, garlic powder, dried rosemary, salt & pepper.
- Top off with slices of jalapeno.
- Pop in the oven and roast until the juices run clear (about 40 mins).
- Ten minutes before the chicken is done, drizzle a bit of olive oil, salt & pepper on baby courgettes and pop them in the oven to roast.
You can roast any veggies, of course. This is SERIOUSLY yummy (AND healthy!) Make a big batch and you’ll have some for lunch the next day!
AN EASY DINNER RECIPE CALLS FOR AN EASY GROOVE.
To me, this Alabama Shakes tune exemplifies that:
And so does Ratatat: